Acquired: Rescue / shelter organization
Posted Nov 17, 2014
My American Short Hair cat Domino was a great family pet. As a kitten she was very playful, curious, and energetic. It didn't take long for Domino to adapt to people and wasn't shy when strangers were visiting.
- Got along well with other animals for the most part
- Always knew how to make you laugh
- Immediately knew where to relieve herself when introduced to litter box
- Hilariously curious
- Would not run away when introduced to the outdoors
- Would get lonely when wife and I left apartment and would sometimes cause minor damage with claws on furniture and doors
- Occasionally would require attention during late hours
- Didn't ride well in vehicles when we first owned her
Overall Experience with American Short Hair:
I would highly recommend this breed of cat to a family or single person. American Short Hairs make great friends for life and always know how to bring you out of a bad mood. This cat is highly intelligent and actually seems to understand when you aren't happy with certain behaviors. Kids are not a problem with this breed as they aren't aggressive.
My rating: Highly Recommended!