Florida, United States
Posted Dec 23, 2009
The pros and cons of keeping a Cuban Tree Frog as a pet are as follows:
1) Relatively easy to care for very adaptable.
2) Rather interesting to watch.
3) Will eat almost anything that moves.
4) One of the cheaper types of frogs there is.
1) Excretes a toxin that is rather potent, if you have sensitive skin do not own these for a hospital visit could be a result of touching them.
2) One of the least attractive species of frogs.
3) Very jumpy and can get lost easily if you try to handle it.
Overall they can make a decent cheap option as a pet if you know what you are doing. I would not reccomend this to children as they may try to handle the frog getting the toxin on there skin and not wash afterwards and they can lose the frog in your home rather easily.