RightPet Content Guidelines
Effective Date: July 1, 2016
RightPet is a place where we can share our experiences with animals we’ve owned and worked with, and recommend the animal businesses and services we like.
We encourage you to be honest and frank in your content. However, a successful online community is based on respect and compassion. We may not always share the same opinions but it’s important that we maintain a positive online environment. The moral principle of the “Golden Rule” is actually a great, fundamental standard not just for daily life, but also for online communities – “Treat others as you would like to be treated.”
Here are some guidelines that apply to all content you post on RightPet, including text, links, images and videos. Be sure to check periodically for updates to these guidelines as our community grows. These guidelines are in addition to, and not a substitution of, the Terms of Services. To the extent of any inconsistency between these guidelines and the Terms of Service, these guidelines shall be interpreted in a manner that bolsters the conditions and restrictions contained in the Terms of Service.
- Only submit ratings and recommendations that are based on your actual personal experience.
- Focus on the facts. When you are recommending a business or service, share details about what made your experience such a positive one.
- Respect others' opinions. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, even if it is different from yours.
- Express negative opinions without supporting facts.
- Insult, harass, verbally attack, or threaten others.
- Use the site to vent, disparage, or flame another person, organization, or entity.
- Use the site to share rumors or secondhand stories from others.
- Use crude or vulgar language.
- Post or link to content that is obscene, defamatory, libelous, or otherwise objectionable.
- Make statements about illegal activity, professional malpractice, or health code violations.
- Post content that isn’t yours without permission.
- Engage in, link to, or promote illegal activities or content.
- Post personal information about someone else unless it’s approved by them.
- Post a negative review of a business or service. RightPet is a site where we seek recommendations of the businesses and services our members have found to be wonderful.
- Post a fake review.
- Post a review for which you have been compensated financially or with free products without disclosing that fact (e.g., “Acme gave me this product to try”; “I am an employee of Acme.”).
- Solicit, compensate, or offer to compensate users of the RightPet website and services to write positive or negative reviews.
RightPet does not edit community content, but we retain the right to remove any content that we deem inappropriate. Violations of these guidelines may result in a warning or in suspension or deactivation of your RightPet member account and all content associated with it.